UPDATE: AS OF MONDAY, MARCH 16th, The Mindfulness Center IS NOT PROVIDING IN-PERSON SERVICES to support the mental health needs of our campus community while mitigating COVID-19 risks in our department. Therefore, relaxation chairs are unavailable until in-person classes are re-instated.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT NOW
- Online guided meditations.
- Self-help resources.
- Once registered for Feel Better Now & Mindful Work/Life Balance, facilitators provide a link for a live zoom meeting and a participant packet via email the day before each meeting
- Facilitated mindfulness meditations.
DROP-IN MINDFULNESS SESSIONS
Drop-in for a FREE facilitated 30-minute meditation session starting May 11, 2020
Tuesdays @ 12:30 PM
NO registration required, just join our zoom meeting. Participants can attend as many times as they like so long as they are a student, faculty, or staff of the U. See our drop-in mindfulness flyer for information for how to join.
Drop-in meditation sessions are led by a rotating group of facilitators who are staff of the University Counseling Center. Sessions are not conducted during semester breaks or university holidays.
MINDFUL WORK/LIFE BALANCE
Fridays, June 5 – June 26, 12 PM.
This FREE 4-week workshop is offered by zoom meeting (invitation provided after registration) for U faculty, staff, and graduate students. The workshop is designed to introduce participants to mindful strategies for balancing work-life stress. Come learn effective coping tools for navigating the responsibilities of different life roles as well as techniques for managing stress and anxiety. All participants must register online to attend. See our Mindful Work/Life balance flyer for more information.
Feel Better Now:
Learning how to Cope with Anxiety & Depression (FREE)
This is a FREE 4-week workshop is offered by zoom meeting (invitation provided after registration). It is for U students, staff, and faculty.
The series schedule is as follows, excluding holidays and breaks. Series registration windows are provided.
- Series 1: Tuedays from 1pm - 2pm, 5/12-6/2. (registration available 4/24-527)
- Series 2: Wednesdays from 4pm - 5pm, 5/20-6/10. (registration available 4/24-6/10)
- Series 3: Tuesdays from 1 PM-2 PM, 6/6 – 30. (registration available 5/27-6/30)
- Series 4: Wednesdays from 4 PM-5 PM, 6/17 – 7/8. (registration available 6/4-7/8)
- Series 5: Tuesdays from 1 PM-2 PM, 7/7 – 28.
- (registration available 6/24-7/28)
- Series 6: Wednesdays from 4 PM-5 PM, 7/15 – 29 (3 modules). (Registration available 7/2-29)
Unless otherwise specified, this workshop series includes a set of 4 modules that are covered over the course of 4 weeks. We recommend that participants start attending the workshop at module 1, but the modules may be attended in any order, and may be repeated. Participants will learn a variety of effective and practical skills they can use to cope with stress, anxiety, and depression as well as the distress of these challenging times. See our Feel Better Now overview for more information about the content and the dates/times of each workshop. All participants must register online to attend.